We are all interested in saving some money and helping the planet. Utility bills are one of the biggest expenses many households face. Looking for ways to cut those bills can be as easy as building a DIY wind turbine.
Pretty much anyone can build their own turbine. The kids would probably enjoy being part of the project. This can be an opportunity for some family time as well as being a good example of environmental responsibility.
Having your own turbine can save a lot of money on energy bills, but it won’t work for every body.
This list will give you some things to think about and should help you decide if you want to build our own turbine:
1. Buying a turbine isn’t the way to go for most people since it will cost thousands of dollars. But building your own makes a lot of sense, you will only spend around $200.
2. You don’t have to be a carpenter or engineer to undertake this project. Virtually anyone can build their own turbine.
3. All the parts you’ll need to assemble your turbine can be bought right at your local hardware store.
4. One turbine won’t be enough to allow you to get off the grid, but it can supply over half of the energy needs of the average household.
5. In order to get the maximum benefit from your turbine you will need to have an open area where it can get wind without being obstructed by trees or buildings.
And of course, the amount of electricity that your turbine can generate will depend on the amount of wind you get as well as the wind speeds.
I hope this list has provided you with valuable information that can help you determine if building your own DIY wind turbine makes sense for your needs and your location.